This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intercept X for Mac OS X?

Are there plans for an Intercept X on Mac OS X? And so yes when its coming?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi EricKant , 

We don't have an ETA at the moment. But is considered for Future release. 

You should expect in mid-year of 2017

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Patel |  Network and Security engineer.

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Is there any progress on this?

I know there is an installer for the anti-virus, sophos endpoint protection, for macOS, and I see that the windows installer has options to download either with or without the interceptX portion.

Will it be the same way with the macOS installer(s) when it (Intercept-X) is ready for macOS?

An update on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Hello Team, 

My current vision about Intercept-X on Mac is integration of CryptoGuard feature.

For customers who using Sophos Central, Early Access Programs is already available:

CryptoGuard for Mac Computers
    Dec 2, 2016 - Aug 30, 2017

CryptoGuard provides next-gen protection for your documents, photos and other data from crypto-ransomware, a family of malware that encrypts files from your computer then extorts money to unlock them. CryptoGuard automatically reverts any damage and blocks the malware from causing further harm.

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)
    Sophos Technical Account Manager

• Thank you - when will this be a production project that we can roll out to end users (as a partner)?

• Hello uk4567, 

For now, I'm talking about Cryptoguard for Mac (part of Intercept-X), not the fully package (RCA + Anti eXploit + CryptoGuard)

I do not have precise information to communicate, however, the early access program terminating at the end of August (Aug 30, 2017), I would assume that the client release could appear in Q3 2017.

Of course, it's my point of view, not an official release date provided by Sophos.

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

• Hello uk4567, 

For now, I'm talking about Cryptoguard for Mac (part of Intercept-X), not the fully package (RCA + Anti eXploit + CryptoGuard)

I do not have precise information to communicate, however, the early access program terminating at the end of August (Aug 30, 2017), I would assume that the client release could appear in Q3 2017.

Of course, it's my point of view, not an official release date provided by Sophos.

--

Best regards,
    Florian (aka LEFBE)

Children