This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Supplementing Intercept X with Additional Security

Hey all, I'm trying to get together a security suite that contains protection from multiple vendors.  Currently rolling out Intercept-X Advanced, and for some, Advanced with EDR.  So my question is, has anyone tied to have I-X working alongside another product?  For example, Malwarebytes Enterprise (or EDR), Sentinel One, etc.  I'm trying not to rely on just one vendor for protection.  If there are any known conflicts, could someone point them to me?  Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Darrin, 

Intercept X Advanced with EDR includes Endpoint (which has runtime protection) and as such, we do not support installing third-party AV software, as it will result in unexpected behavior. 

The following article will have more details regarding Sophos' position on this topic. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hello RodS,

Thanks for the reply.  I can see how AV software would conflict.  I'm being told that Malwarebytes (even the EDR), behaves differently than traditional AV, and focuses on the anti-malware remediation, and is designed specially not to conflict with installed AV.  I've been told this by people currently using Intercept X Advanced.  So it seems it could be different in this case.  I'll continue my research.  In the meantime, what are some non-AV products that could 100% be used along side I-X?

• Hello RodS,

Thanks for the reply.  I can see how AV software would conflict.  I'm being told that Malwarebytes (even the EDR), behaves differently than traditional AV, and focuses on the anti-malware remediation, and is designed specially not to conflict with installed AV.  I've been told this by people currently using Intercept X Advanced.  So it seems it could be different in this case.  I'll continue my research.  In the meantime, what are some non-AV products that could 100% be used along side I-X?

Children