This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Boot Disk Found after Installing InterceptX EP

So I am having an issue after installation of Sophos InterceptX on my computers. Windows 10. Roaming profiles. Installed just fine and works for a dew days. My users shut the computer off each night. Once in a while when the boot up in the morning, it boots to no hard disc found and they press F1 to continue to boot normally. Any suggestions as to what is causing this or what is not working?

*Sophos was installed from a portable drive on the said computers, if that matters?

Thank you!

Tyler

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Could you please check if there are any error log events under Event viewer system logs? 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Nothing comes up out of the normal with exception of reboots not made by my user(s) at the time, no power outages or power issues as nothing else on property or plugged in to the circuit is effected.

This is the only one I came across for the day yesterday morning when it happened..

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  SetupARService

- EventID 0

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2019-08-29T12:53:41.407839100Z

EventRecordID 13840

Channel Application

Computer FEEDCTR

Security

- EventData

Service cannot be started. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SetupAfterRebootService.SetupARService.OnStart(String[] args) at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Thanks,

Tyler

• Hi  

This event ID belongs to the random crash of the operating system. It doesn't provide any specific information on which component has actually caused this problem.

We need specific dump file in order to find out the actual root cause. I'd request you to open a support case here, they will help you to get the dump file and will be working towards resolving your case.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

Reply Children
No Data