This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MacOS Intercept X has no firewall?

Moving from Norton for MacOS, the overall support is similar. However, a glaring omission seems to be there is no firewall support on the client. Technically, Intercept X doesn't have it on the Windows platform either as it just uses the Microsoft firewall and claims it as covered.

Are there any plans to add endpoint firewall for laptops? If not, it seems the product is still immature.

Regards,

Gary

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Gary,

I cannot speak for MacOS firewall as i don't know much about it but it did used to have a full firewall in SEC managed Endpoint.

However, in the change to Central, a client firewall was removed because there is a perfectly good one in Windows already frankly. Next they added monitoring if the Windows firewall and light management where you could set zones to block all incoming or default.

Eventually it will be a full Windows Firewall management (i believe) but why have an extra firewall at all?

There is a MacOS firewall and I'm sure one day MacOS firewall management will come to Central Endpoint (apple feature parity with Windows Central does lag a fair bit).

But immature? That is a very  broad assumption.

Emile