This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to install savxp: OS component missing or too old

We just signed up for Intercept-X.

using Sophos central.  I have 1 user who is getting error messages when a scan is initiated.  From the Sophos Central Dashboard, it appears the compute is protected. also an error is returned "Failed to Update"

I have looked at the logs and I don't see anything obvious.  Looking for help on this issue.

thanks

George

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Can you share the screenshot of the error message that you receive when the scan is initiated? Also, it would help us if you can share the Sav.txt log here. 

I would help if you can additionally provide the following information.

* Operating system of the client machine.

* Sophos Antivirus & Intercept X version

* If this is seen only with the manual scan or is it also seen with Scheduled scan?

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thank you for your reply.

I was able to successfully install the Intercept-x.

It seems Microsoft Security Essentials was interfering with the installation.

I disabled Microsoft Security Essentials. (windows defender)

I uninstalled Intercept-X

Rebooted the computer

I Made sure windows defender was still disabled

I reinstalled Intercept-X.

Result was a successful install.

George

• I just went through this myself....in my case disabling Defender only angered the Sophos Gods.  Even performing a manual uninstall left something out as the Installer still cried.

109 Windows 7 computers scheduled for extermination later in the year spread across 3 states had Microsoft Antimalware 3.0.8402.2 on them...but disabled.

Earlier in their lifetimes, these computers had various antivirus including ESET 5, Kaspersky, ESET 6 and ESET 7 installed successfully on them...yet Sophos Intercept X threw a hissy fit and refused to install, crying about this ancient, disabled version of Defender.

Enter Microsoft Fixit 50692. (Google is your friend)

Add a dash of PowerShell magic. (Easy-Peesie)

Test thoroughly. (Measure twice, cut once)

Problem solved!

Now about Intercept-X bogging down brand new computers w/o SSD's so bad....