This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Protection - Base Policy - Threat Protection

Hi,

We have numerous endpoint installed with Endpoint Advanced, Intercept X and Device Encryption. The standard, "Base Policy - Threat Protection" is being used. By default, "Use recommended settings" is ticked and therefore all the options below, like, Live Protection, Enable deep learning, Scan downloads in progress etc are all dimmed out, but enabled.

Am I correct in assuming that the recommended settings are that they are all enabled and by unchecking "Use recommended setting" we can configure these manually?

Kindest Regards

Dave S. Chunilal

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Dave S. Chunilal,

this is rather a Central question. Use recommended settings not surprisingly applies the recommended settings (please note that Recommended is not everything enabled). Unchecking Use unlocks the individual settings.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

"this is rather a Central question." - Apologies.

"Recommended is not everything enabled" - This is the thing. It is showing as all enabled so I am basically confirming that however the dimmed out settings are showing on screen, these are the settings are are used as recommended when the "Use Recommended settings" is checked.

Kindest Regards

Dave S. Chunilal

• Hello Dave S. Chunilal,

Apologies - no need to apologize, I assume that Central has a larger audience (and more knowledgeable users) than Intercept X and the question is about the Admin console.

showing as all enabled - you may be right (unless unchecking Use shows additional setting details), my bad. I'm not using Central so I'm not familiar with its Console, just reading the documentation occasionally.

Christian

• Hi Dave S. Chunilal,

Unchecking the "Use recommended settings" box will allow you to modify policies as needed (including enabling additional functionality that may not be set up by default).
    Below, you will find additional documentation/information regarding recommended settings for Sophos Central Threat protection policy:

Threat Protection Policy

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.