This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Server CryptoGuard Causing Slow Saves

Hi guys,

We're having issues where CryptoGuard on our Storage Servers is causing slow saves via Office 2010 for docx or xlsx file formats (other formats including xls and doc are fine).

To test this I spun up a new virtual server, without domain joining, so it got no group polices or domain settings.

Prior to installing Sophos, I connected from our existing RDP server to the new machine via UNC and saved the document... no issues saved fine and instantly.

As soon as I installed Sophos, the same file took 30 - 40 seconds to save.  After disabling Tamper Protection I toggled off Real Time scanning, the issue remained.

As soon as CryptoGuard was switched off, the saving went back to instant.

The issue is occurring from some of our VLANs but not all, which also strange.  But as you can see from the above testing, the issue is clearly CryptoGuard.

The Sophos Central console shows no "cryptoguard attacks".

Please rectify this issue.

Many thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Fahid,

It is strange that you are seeing an issue from only some of your VLANs. Due to the nature of the issue I think the best course of action will be to log a case with support so that we can investigate this thoroughly. 

Note, you can do this using the Contact Support link at the bottom right of the page

Regards,

Stephen