This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Sophos Advisory] Sophos Intercept X 2.0.4 may cause Office 2013 applications to crash

Hey Community,

Following the initial release of Sophos Intercept X 2.0.4, a number of customers have reported their Office 2013 applications crash (specifically word). The issue affects the x86 version of Office 2013 only. The x64 version is not affected. A fix is currently being worked on and will be released as soon as all testing has been completed.

To prevent the crash in the meantime, the following option can be disabled under the Threat Protection policy:
Runtime Protection | Mitigate exploits in vulnerable applications | Protect office applications

This KB article will be updated following the test results of the fix and the release plan. 

Best,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Can you confirm that this issue has been resolved or still under investigation, I've just been updated to Sophos intercept X 2.0.5 and I'm now getting this issue word crashes then takes out outlook and effects other applications requiring a full reboot.

• Can you confirm that this issue has been resolved or still under investigation, I've just been updated to Sophos intercept X 2.0.5 and I'm now getting this issue word crashes then takes out outlook and effects other applications requiring a full reboot.

Children