This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting up a new Peripheral control policy

I have been tasked with setting up a new peripheral control policy to restrict access to removable storage devices.  The access has been set to "control access by peripheral type and add exemptions".  Our secure removable devices has been setup to "allow" and we are able to copy to and from and write to files stored on encrypted USB keys.

The issue we have run into relates to removable storage devices.  The policy is set to "Read only" and we are not able to edit a file on the the removable storage.  But we are able to copy to and out from the removable storage.  I need to be able to prevent the movement of files on and off of unencrypted storage.

My hunch is that this could be controlled with the use of an additional data leak protection policy.  We are currently using UEFI secure boot across all machines and found we were getting similar issues covered in the follow link.  As a work around we disabled our "default" data control policy which resolved this issue.

community.sophos.com/.../120861

Has anyone had to configure a similar scenario?

Thanks

Kevin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data