This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Intercept X 2.0 impacting Performance - slow?

On a new software build of windows 10 on a T450 Lenovo, we found that at the end we installed Sophos Endpoint Intercept X 2.0 and it significantly slowed down the computer.  All aspects of the computer became slow.  On first bootup, connecting the Wifi - slow.  On login, the CPU would pin at 100% for long periods of time with high memory usage.  All applications would be slow to open, printing would be very slow. This is a new laptop i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD.

We would remove the Intercept X and the computer would return to normal operation.  Fast bootup, fast login, apps, etc...

Now for this customer, then use Trend Micro as their primary AV.  We have Sophos Intercept X added on for the extra protection. We did not have issues previously until the Intercept X Version went up to 2.0.  Has anyone else noticed a large performance hit with Intercept X 2.0?

[locked by: SupportFlo at 11:42 PM (GMT -7) on 12 Mar 2019]
Parents
  • Hello again everyone, 

I'd like to ask others in this thread - are you using any other antivirus software besides Intercept X? 

In our setup we run it with BitDefender from SolarWinds RMM as well as Web Protection software. We experience very slow loading times of certain websites - up to 10 seconds - with both Web Protection and Intercept X installed on devices (that in addition to generall slowness experienced on PCs). A solution is to turn off either Web Protection, or uninstall Intercept X again, with removal of Intercept X yielding much more promising results. 

Could it be that Intercept X just doesn't cooperate with other AV software? 

• Krystian Flemming said:

I'd like to ask others in this thread - are you using any other antivirus software besides Intercept X? 

We are using the Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced AV.

Krystian Flemming said:

No, the problem also appears when using Sophos own AV.

• Krystian Flemming said:

We are using the Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced AV.

Krystian Flemming said:

No, the problem also appears when using Sophos own AV.

Children
No Data