This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Intercept X 2.0 impacting Performance - slow?

On a new software build of windows 10 on a T450 Lenovo, we found that at the end we installed Sophos Endpoint Intercept X 2.0 and it significantly slowed down the computer.  All aspects of the computer became slow.  On first bootup, connecting the Wifi - slow.  On login, the CPU would pin at 100% for long periods of time with high memory usage.  All applications would be slow to open, printing would be very slow. This is a new laptop i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD.

We would remove the Intercept X and the computer would return to normal operation.  Fast bootup, fast login, apps, etc...

Now for this customer, then use Trend Micro as their primary AV.  We have Sophos Intercept X added on for the extra protection. We did not have issues previously until the Intercept X Version went up to 2.0.  Has anyone else noticed a large performance hit with Intercept X 2.0?

[locked by: SupportFlo at 11:42 PM (GMT -7) on 12 Mar 2019]
Parents
  • We're experiencing the same issue. All around poor PC performance (from boot up to any and all functions) after the latest InterceptX 2.x update. It's truly rendering many of our computers useless and wasting valuable time of our end users as well. I've tried peeling away different services and features through the Threat Management policy and that has had NO positive impact on performance. The only thing that works now is to uninstall the end point and reinstall WITHOUT InterceptX.  Sophos - I'm sure you're aware of the issue now. What is your game plan?

• My game plan is to uninstall from our client base until Sophos come up with a solution or workaround. I have repeatedly asked support to see if we can somehow revert to 1.X and then halt all updates. I'd rather have customers with lesser protection than unhappy customers who can't use their machines.  It's actually quite embarrassing considering we, as a Sophos Partner, upsell Intercept X.

I am not having much luck with support even though our case has been escalated.

• My game plan is to uninstall from our client base until Sophos come up with a solution or workaround. I have repeatedly asked support to see if we can somehow revert to 1.X and then halt all updates. I'd rather have customers with lesser protection than unhappy customers who can't use their machines.  It's actually quite embarrassing considering we, as a Sophos Partner, upsell Intercept X.

I am not having much luck with support even though our case has been escalated.

Children
No Data