This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All / most of my users are getting a pop up that Callercheck exploit was prevented in Outlook

We are using Outlook 2016 (365) and getting widespread 'CallerCheck exploit prevented in Microsoft Outlook.'

How do I determine if this is outlook or a 3rd party plugin.  We all have one plugin in particular, from Newforma.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Phil

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This happened to a user right after updating to Windows 10 build 1803 today. In the HitmanPro.Alert entry in the Application Log I see:

Callee Type CreateProcess

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\dotnetbrowser-chromium\55.0.2883.87.1.11.0.0.508\dotnetbrowser-chromium32.exe

Sophos is up to date. The only way I could get him up and running in Outlook was to temporarily turn off exploit scanning. I've opened a case with Sophos as well.

• We had the same issue with Outlook 2016 until 11 o'clock, with a client being updated to Windows 10 build 1803.

However the issue disappered, either this is due to the latest Office Update or to a correction made by Sophos.

Reply Children