This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I am trying to install Hitman Pro Alert but it keeps saying that this is managed by Sophos?

I used this PC to test Intercept X, I thought I have removed it and I have bought Hitman Pro Alert Lic for the next 3 years and was planning to install it but once I hit install it tell me that this is "managed by Sophos"? and I can't install it.

Did I just waste my money buying the license if this beta test can not be uninstalled?  

How do I get rid of this overlord?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

I would suggest you to check if the HitmanPro.Alert service still running in the client? In that case the client we can remove it via below options.

1. Administrative command prompt window run the following command: "<C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe>" /uninstall 
    2. Go to Sophos Central >  Click Endpoint Protection>  Click Computers> Click " Manage Endpoint Software"> On Left Pane , select " Intercept X"> You can see the list of computers Under " Assigned Computers" and you need to select that machine and move to left pane under " Eligble Computers" and click Save.

If the client service is not present in the client, try assigning permission's to authenticated user for C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64 folder.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks that fixed it!

Intercept X won't be complete until they include keystroke encryption.  And so far that's not the case so I bought all bunch of licenses for Hitman Pro Alert while the black Friday deal was going on.  

Reply Children
No Data