This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Cloud Intercept X Specific configuration (and impact on licenses)

Hello,

We just purchased some licenses and activated them in the Sophos Cloud admin licensing tool.

[I was a bit surprised that it automatically enabled the Intercept functions for ALL policies! and started rolling it out, because we only want it on specific groups]

Can someone confirm that the following are the settings that control (and force a 1 license usage for Intercept)

a) the rollout of the Intercept X license, and

b) the configuration of the installed Intercept installs

Here they are

1. Protect document files from ransomware (CryptoGuard)

2. Protect critical functions in web browsers (Safe Browsing)

3. Mitigate exploits in vulnerable applications

Are any other enabled functions related to Intercept?

[Note: It would be great if Sophos grouped them under their own clearly defined group - called 'Intercept (X)'! ]

Much appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There are a few other policy controls that would identify the license used as intercept X. 

Enable Root Cause Analysis - This is an Intercept X feature that generates incident reports showing the chain of events that resulted in a malicious activity detection. 

The other feature that is part of Intercept X is Malicious traffic Detection, but this is also in the Endpoint Advanced license so will count against EPA instead of Intercept X if that license is available.

As for grouping all the Intercept X controls and features, I am working with User Experience design to streamline the policy controls for intercept X and this is one of the areas we are looking at. A the moment we do not have a date when we expect to group the policy controls into their own separate section.

OH and SORRY it took so long for someone to get back to you on this.  I've just joined the community and will be burning down the backlog of un-responded questions. 

• There are a few other policy controls that would identify the license used as intercept X. 

Enable Root Cause Analysis - This is an Intercept X feature that generates incident reports showing the chain of events that resulted in a malicious activity detection. 

The other feature that is part of Intercept X is Malicious traffic Detection, but this is also in the Endpoint Advanced license so will count against EPA instead of Intercept X if that license is available.

As for grouping all the Intercept X controls and features, I am working with User Experience design to streamline the policy controls for intercept X and this is one of the areas we are looking at. A the moment we do not have a date when we expect to group the policy controls into their own separate section.

OH and SORRY it took so long for someone to get back to you on this.  I've just joined the community and will be burning down the backlog of un-responded questions. 

Children
No Data