This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intercept X for server - timescales

I understand Intercept X is not yet available for servers (please correct me if I am mistaken). Is there a timescale for this functionality, or will this product be for workstations only for the foreseeable? We too have some RDS environments we want to protect having suffered a Sophos Central failure recently whereby Ransomeware took out a firewalled Windows 2012 box and took out Sophos Endpoint Advanced.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

Which elements of Intercept X would you like to see on the Sophos Server platform?

We are planning on brining some of the features of Intercept X to Central Server. We are currently working on the CryptoGuard (Anti Ransomware) feature; this will be included in the Server Advanced licence and currently targeting the end of the year.

I am happy to discuss our plans with you in more detail if you wish?

Stephen

Product Manager - Server Protection

• Hello Stephen,

i want to know whats about InterceptX in a Windows Terminalserver Environments.

For example we have a coustomer with McAffee Enpoint Protection on several Terminalservers and want to enhanced the Security with InterceptX.

Is Intercept X just for Client Operatins Systems or also useable on an Windows Server 2008 with Remote Desktop Services?

greetings

• Hello,

There are currently no plans to have a version for Servers that runs alongside other vendors AV.

Stephen

• Stephen,

Terminal Service /Citrix are very popular. Hope you will think about this feature request. Protecting Server using Intercept will enhance the protection even on server side. I know we can use lockdown feature but in many cases, customers is using another signature based AV.

Thanks

• Hi Luk,

Thank you for your feedback. We do have this as a request; I will share more on this if/when we progress the request.

Thanks,

Stephen

• Hi everybody,

any news reg this thread?

Iam really interested.

• i dont think so. Sophos has not been able to provide their applications for terminalservers. i dont understand it, but there are a lot of limitations.

Sophos Cloud Endpoint generaly not for Terminalservers (User based policys). Sophos Intercept not supported for Terminalservers. Safeguard encryption not working on terminalservers (different certificates for different users. UTM is not able to use for sson etc.. (session caching).

please correct me if iam wrong.

are there any future features for terminalservers or the support for them?

Sophos Platinum Partner 
    Sophos Certified Architect
    (Ceritfied UTM Architect / Certified XG Architect)

• Old thread. We have exploit protection (intercept x equivalent?) running on Sophos Enterprise Console and this is running accross our entire server estate including RDS farms etc