This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with Office 365 / Office 2016

We are now unable to install Office365 / Office 2016 using the Office Deployment Tool.  Because we have a bunch of new things from Sophos going on (new firewall, anti-virus int he cloud and the "ultimate" beta) we are struggling to find the source of the problem.

We do know there are issues with the firewall and the download of the software.

We also know that once we get around the download problem the installation is failing both inside and outside the firewall, indicating that  it might be an antivirus issue. 

The error I can find is "C2R client returned failing error code 17002".  Following through Microsoft's troubleshooting, the one thing I haven't done yet is disable anti-virus.

When deploying to enterprises (even small ones like mine) having to disable anti-virus on each one to deploy software is going to be a pain in the butt. ( I posted  something about not being able to disable tamper protection for "Spectrum" / "Sophos Ultimate").

Please include ways that administrators can distribute software without massive painful hurdles to cross.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. I disabled Tamper Protection and it did not work. I deactivated all the modules and the problem persisted. I had to uninstall the product to successfully install Office.

Details:

Office 365 ProPlus 2016

Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced 11.6.1

Sophos Intercept-X 3.7.0

Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1703 Build 15063.540

I ask for help identifying the problem, as I will certainly have similar cases in the near future within my clients and uninstalling the product as a workaround is completely impracticable.

Thanks,

Translated by Google Translate

Olá,

Estou com o mesmo problema. Desativei o Tamper Protection e não funcionou. Desativei todos os módulos e o problema persistiu. Tive que desinstalar o produto para conseguir instalar o Office com sucesso.

Detalhes:

Office 365 ProPlus 2016

Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced 11.6.1

Sophos Intercept-X 3.7.0

Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1703 Build 15063.540

Peço ajuda para identificar o problema, pois com certeza terei casos parecidos em um futuro próximo dentro de meus clientes e desinstalar o produto como solução de contorno é completamente inviável.

Obrigado.

• Hi,

The first thing you should do is to go back and remove office, it will be partially installed. Restart the PC.

Add the following exceptions to your system's exception under windows update:

officecdn.microsoft.com.edgesuite.net

^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?windows\.com/ (already manual added )

Add this exception for 365 by pass:

Officecdn.microsoft.com and officecdn.microsoft.com.edgesuite.net

Let me know if this helps? I had the same issue as you and was able to install, configure, register office without any issue. Your other option would be to get the full installer from Microsoft instead of having to download the required files during install.

• Hi,

I do not know where these options are. I may be wrong, but maybe you are guiding me to configure them in the UTM. In my case, I'm using Sophos Central and I do not use the UTM.

If not, where should I configure these settings in Sophos Central?

Thank you.

Translated by Google Translate

Reply Children
  • If you run into issues installing Office 365 ProPlus on your endpoint, with what browser did you download the Office 365 installer?
    Also, was there another version of Office installed on the endpoint prior to the installation of Office 365 ProPlus / Office 2016? What version?

Would love to know more about the circumstances this issue appears. I am unable to reproduce it.

Best regards,
    Mark Loman
    Director, Engineering