This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with Office 365 / Office 2016

We are now unable to install Office365 / Office 2016 using the Office Deployment Tool.  Because we have a bunch of new things from Sophos going on (new firewall, anti-virus int he cloud and the "ultimate" beta) we are struggling to find the source of the problem.

We do know there are issues with the firewall and the download of the software.

We also know that once we get around the download problem the installation is failing both inside and outside the firewall, indicating that  it might be an antivirus issue. 

The error I can find is "C2R client returned failing error code 17002".  Following through Microsoft's troubleshooting, the one thing I haven't done yet is disable anti-virus.

When deploying to enterprises (even small ones like mine) having to disable anti-virus on each one to deploy software is going to be a pain in the butt. ( I posted  something about not being able to disable tamper protection for "Spectrum" / "Sophos Ultimate").

Please include ways that administrators can distribute software without massive painful hurdles to cross.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi All,

The fix for this issue is planned for release this coming Thursday, the 20th October.

To confirm you have the fixed version open the local Sophos UI, click About and check the Version is 11.5.1.

Also note, this fix requires a new driver for Tamper Protection which will be loaded following a reboot once upgraded to 11.5.1.

Thanks,

John

• It's the 20th (here in the UK at least!), is 11.5.1 still scheduled for release today? None of my clients see it, as far as I can tell.

When should I expect to see it deploying to my clients?

How can I be sure it's on one of my clients (without checking locally, i.e., is there a reg key or version of a file I can check against)?

UPDATE:

OK, my clients are getting it now (10:30 in the UK). Still would be handy to know a way to check remotely if a client has the right agent version. Doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do so in the Console (Sophos Central/Cloud).

• This morning I noticed my Windows 10 client showed a "restart" notice, and rebooting the machine made that go away, but the version remained 11.5.1 and the Agent Update Status in the the cloud console still shows 10.7.0 VE3.64.2.  Makes me wonder what the restart was for?  Did your version change?

• Hi,

If you access the following registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sophos\SAVService\Application\

or

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sophos\SAVService\Application\

There's a value:

MarketingVersion

This will show the version installed and could be accessed remotely via a 3rd party product or manually.

Thanks,

John

• Hi,

If you access the following registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sophos\SAVService\Application\

or

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sophos\SAVService\Application\

There's a value:

MarketingVersion

This will show the version installed and could be accessed remotely via a 3rd party product or manually.

Thanks,

John

Children
No Data