This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with Office 365 / Office 2016

We are now unable to install Office365 / Office 2016 using the Office Deployment Tool.  Because we have a bunch of new things from Sophos going on (new firewall, anti-virus int he cloud and the "ultimate" beta) we are struggling to find the source of the problem.

We do know there are issues with the firewall and the download of the software.

We also know that once we get around the download problem the installation is failing both inside and outside the firewall, indicating that  it might be an antivirus issue. 

The error I can find is "C2R client returned failing error code 17002".  Following through Microsoft's troubleshooting, the one thing I haven't done yet is disable anti-virus.

When deploying to enterprises (even small ones like mine) having to disable anti-virus on each one to deploy software is going to be a pain in the butt. ( I posted  something about not being able to disable tamper protection for "Spectrum" / "Sophos Ultimate").

Please include ways that administrators can distribute software without massive painful hurdles to cross.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • I didn't know whether to start a new thread or keep going.  I'm seeing something similar, but not quite.  Haven't had any issues installing applications (Well actually one in particular that put it in a Lockdown State and no way to put in an exclusion because its a legitimate app), but the customer was having problems with actually running applications.  For example, they kept getting an Appcrash when using Microsoft Word.  The popup box that says "This application has stopped working" and you have to close out.  They had this on a couple applications, but nothing notified that it was Sophos doing it.  The only thing we knew is this just started Friday, so kinda had a feeling.  Disabling Hitmanpro service resolved all the issues for the multiple programs.  They had one in particular, a Document Camera.  They'd click on the software to launch it but then literally nothing happened, no errors, nothing, just wouldn't launch.  Disabled Hitmanpro service and everything worked flawlessly.  So long story short I had to remove Intercept X from all machines tonight so they could work tomorrow and will probably need to open a support ticket to resolve.  I'll let everyone know what I find.

Thanks

• I find it frustrating to have "something" blocking an application from loading, running or installing but no information as to why.  I have begun expecting Sophos for all the problems and when you can turn off a Sophos service and have things work. . .

There needs to be better information from the managing software to tell you what is blocked and why.  Then there needs to be help in solving the problem and not check with the non-Sophos software publisher for the solution (that was one support tech's solution).

• I'm not certain, but it appears that the latest version of Cloud Advanced is also blocking 365/2016 c2r updates.

• Agreed, we know it is blocking 'something' if it just told us we could setup exceptions. I've tried a handful of exceptions I think may work but it hasn't fixed the issue because the exceptions I am setting up are just guesses.

• HI ALL

We apologize for any inconvenience may have caused , We have recognized the issue and we are currently working on the issue and soon shall be updated .  You may refer the link below

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124988#Critical

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Patel

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.