This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with Office 365 / Office 2016

We are now unable to install Office365 / Office 2016 using the Office Deployment Tool.  Because we have a bunch of new things from Sophos going on (new firewall, anti-virus int he cloud and the "ultimate" beta) we are struggling to find the source of the problem.

We do know there are issues with the firewall and the download of the software.

We also know that once we get around the download problem the installation is failing both inside and outside the firewall, indicating that  it might be an antivirus issue. 

The error I can find is "C2R client returned failing error code 17002".  Following through Microsoft's troubleshooting, the one thing I haven't done yet is disable anti-virus.

When deploying to enterprises (even small ones like mine) having to disable anti-virus on each one to deploy software is going to be a pain in the butt. ( I posted  something about not being able to disable tamper protection for "Spectrum" / "Sophos Ultimate").

Please include ways that administrators can distribute software without massive painful hurdles to cross.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are also experiencing install issues of Office 365 with Sophos Intercept installed. We've tried the offline installer and online installer, both result in the same error.

So far the problem is 100% repeatable on multiple computers and does not repeat with it disabled or uninstalled. Only a few of our IT team have installed it for now, so this is just informational.

Here is a screenshot of the error received while installing:

Thanks!

• So far we haven't seen this when testing with the GA code builds.  I tried this on one of my lab Win 7 x86 computers and Office365 installed without any issues.  

We are expecting the release code to ship this week and I'd be interested in your experience with Office365 installations at that time. 

JG

• So far we haven't seen this when testing with the GA code builds.  I tried this on one of my lab Win 7 x86 computers and Office365 installed without any issues.  

We are expecting the release code to ship this week and I'd be interested in your experience with Office365 installations at that time. 

JG

Children
  • I am seeing that with Sophos Cloud Endpoint Advanced (or whatever the new one is called w/ the blue Sophos icon circle) installed it appears impossible to install Office 365 Business x86 or x64.  Doesn't matter if you use ODT or the C2R stream installer.  Sometimes it gets through the install and fails at the end, sometimes it just sits forever.  

The machine I am having the issue with is a Win 10 Pro 1511 x64.

• I'm experiencing the same issue with the latest licensed version of Intercept X managed by cloud.  Disabling Sophos allows the individual Office applications to install, but I don't see any events that indicate Sophos is actively blocking them.