About Keepass Power Safe - Intercept X for iPhone

Hallo Sophos,

This is about my previous feedback on the Power Safe part of Sophos Intercept X for Mobile, an application for iPhone. First of all, I trust Sophos products and already use them both private and at work. That's the reason I was happy to install this application on my iphone in order to use as a replacement to the discontinued MiniKeepass. However, I have noticed and communicated the following:

1. Password entries do not display correctly. In the first screen, with different folders and password groups, the display is OK after closing and opening the application. However, inside the folders, the entries look crowded and sometimes very hard to recognize which is which.

I upload example screenshots in portrait and landscape orientations:

2. Also the application does not support the key derivation function "Argon-2" and can only open databases with the "older" AES-KDF. Below is a screenshot of what you will get when trying opening a database with Argon-2 key derivation function, I just does not open:

Unfortunately, this deprives us of using the more secure Argon-2 and I strongly wish you may introduce this ability in future updates.

3. The application does support only a single database file!!! why? The ability to open more than one database could be just a brilliant feature. I also hope that you are planning to add this in future  updates.

Thank

MB

• Hi  

Thank you for your feedback.

For the first query, these are the application displayed screenshots or you have cut the fonts from top and bottom and also want to know if that is the only issue or arrangement of the password in the application itself seems to be awkward for you.

For 2nd and 3rd queries, You can submit the feature requests on here

• Mohammed Bakheit

3. The application does support only a single database file!!! why? The ability to open more than one database could be just a brilliant feature. I also hope that you are planning to add this in future  updates. 

You could use the "Sophos Secure Workspace" which is basically a wrapper for different cloud storage providers with encryption functionality.

But it supports viewing and editing of multiple kdbx files.

• In reply to Jasmin:

Thanks Jasmin,

The screenshots show how the entries are displayed, and that's exactly what I am reporting here. Otherwise, all the entries are arranged in alphabetical order, and their content seems to be correct.

About your advice regarding 2nd and 3rd queries, Ok, I will check if I can submit these there.

• In reply to Markus Stöckler:

Ok, thanks. I will check that. Does it import the kdbx files,  or process them in the cloud? In anyway, the ability of processing multiple files is great!

• In reply to Mohammed Bakheit:

Hi  

Would you please suggest whether you are managing Intercept X for mobile with Sophos Mobile control and also whether you are using Sophos Central Mobile or Sophos Mobile control on-prem?

Mohammed Bakheit

Ok, thanks. I will check that. Does it import the kdbx files,  or process them in the cloud? In anyway, the ability of processing multiple files is great!

It is possible to process them in the cloud or to download the files and use them offline

Hi  

Thank you for providing the screenshot. The issue you have reported will be fixed in the new client version which is expected to get released in February(would not be able to confirm exact date). For the other issue which you have reported for the newer algorithm, you will need to raise a feature request as suggested by Jasmin.

• In reply to Jasmin:

Dear Jasmin,

No. Currently I am using Intercept X for mobile (iPhone) privately, and standalone (i.e. not managed by Sophos Mobile).

• In reply to Markus Stöckler:

Ok, thanks for the hint. Regards.