This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

installation failed could not uninstall existing sophos software

I try to install Sophos endpoint but I have this issue
I had a program in my laptop and I deleted but when I search in registry file I found some file related to Sophos

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I just had this issue and I am still trying to resolve it.  It started out after Sophos Central was installed, but not everything would run.  After trying to uninstall Sophos Central the installer failed to complete the uninstall.  A reboot did not help so I had to remove all Sophos Services and delete the Sophos folders in Program Files, Program Files (x86), and ProgramData.  Sophos Central then started to install, but would fail at the end leaving a partial install.

I cleaned out the Registry of all Sophos content and tried again.  This time it was almost finished before the install failed yet again.  Since this PC had an On Prem Client of Sophos installed before Central, I tried to installed the Client from SEC, but it would not remove the Central Client.

Right now I'm struggling to get either client installed.

• Hello  

Please use SophosZap removal tool as per the instructions, and try installing again.

• Wow!  Did that ever work nicely.  Took care of the whole issue.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Reply Children