This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intercept X - Stop Automatic Updates

Please can you confirm if there is any way we can stop automatic updates happening when it comes to the Intercept X software. We are using Sophos AV and Exploit prevention, it just seems to compete an update then most of the time, all machines need a reboot. 

Some of the machines we are running this on, can not be interrupted unless there is a maintenance window. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can stop the automatic updates? 

Thanks, 

Will Janes. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Will,

As you have Sophos AV and Exploit Prevention meaning it would be managed from Enterprise Console. You can use the "Previous Recommended" subscription in your updating policy and apply it on the group of systems where you do not want to install AV or Intercept-X updates.

If it is Sophos Central, we do have controlled updates option available which will stop the AV and Intercept-X product updates.

I can understand that for Enterprise Console it is bit odd but using a Previous Recommended subscription is the only option to stop the updates. 

DM me if you have any questions.

Regards,

JR

• Thanks JR. 

We have it set to a fixed version, do you know if it will only update the AV to this fixed version, or will it update all features  Do you know if there is a way to say what features to install with an update? 

Thanks in advance. 

WJ.  

• Hello Will Janes and JR,

You can use the "Previous Recommended" subscription
    AFAIK while there's a hotfix package available for "beta testing" fixes there is no option to select the version of EXP, it's delivered as a supplement like the VDLs/IDEs. If you check the subscriptions in SEC you'll see that EXP's version is the same for all, regardless of the version selected (whether Recommended, Preview, a previous or a fixed one).

Christian

• Hello Christian, 

Thanks for the feedback, do you know if EXP needs a reboot after every update? The console currently has over 125 machines that all state they need a reboot. 

Is this correct? 

Thanks, 

WJ. 

• Hello WJ,

indeed EXP needs the reboot to actually update. The version installed continues to work though. Please note that a subsequent download of an even newer version will fail if the reboot hasn't been performed, i.e. the last one hasn't been installed.
    I no of no way to prevent the update and thus the pending reboot (no official and supported that is).

Christian

• Hello Christian, 

Do you know if there is anywhere where they tell you when an update of EXP is about to happen? Or is it very sporadic in when it updates? 

Thanks, 

WJ.  

• Hello WJ,

I think that supplements - as opposed to software updates - aren't staged over an extended period, nevertheless it might not be "at the same moment". And anyway I haven't heard that this information is available somewhere (except perhaps with the dearest support option ...). Unless your site is operated 7x24 you'd need the alert several days in advance to stop automatic updates. But then there would also be no IDE updates until you can reboot the machines - perhaps not an ideal solution. 

Christian