This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How are you deploying Intercept X for your clients? Under your main Sophos Central Admin Account and Creating Multiple Groups or Creating a Sophos Central Admin Account for Each Client?

I'd like to start turning clients onto Intercept X Advanced. I've deployed several XGs right now and I'm currently managing them under our own Sophos Central Admin Account.  How do you suggest managing Intercept X deployments at multiple clients?  Is it okay to have them all under our Sophos Central Admin Account or should each client have their own?  I'd like to have them under one hood. Yes, I know I can do this via MSP Connect, but I'm not ready to go down that avenue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I would run test groups first, unless everyone is using all the same software then you would just need one test group.  But still, I have read of many issues with Intercept X bogging down systems, applications not working, etc. etc.. All of these are fixable, just thinking you may not want 50 people all calling you at once and a slower deploy up front might be useful.

For me I just added through Admin, I have endpoint on all the clients though, I started with one or two stations per department to be safe then transitioned everyone else over.  It does require a restart and I would recommend getting everything else updated first.

Respectfully, 

Badrobot

• I would run test groups first, unless everyone is using all the same software then you would just need one test group.  But still, I have read of many issues with Intercept X bogging down systems, applications not working, etc. etc.. All of these are fixable, just thinking you may not want 50 people all calling you at once and a slower deploy up front might be useful.

For me I just added through Admin, I have endpoint on all the clients though, I started with one or two stations per department to be safe then transitioned everyone else over.  It does require a restart and I would recommend getting everything else updated first.

Respectfully, 

Badrobot

Children
No Data