This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"We're checking that this computer is now safe"

Noticed that one of the machines we have is stating the message on the Sophos UI 

"We're checking that this computer is now safe. Please contact your IT administrator"

Anybody know what Sophos is actually doing here? There was no indication of a threat or malicious file found on the machine recently. Nothing stated in Sophos Central Admin Console

Recently updated to Core 2.1.2 with Endpoint Advanced 10.8.2 and Intercept X 2.0.8

The message has been there for several hours at this point

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Kirk Lewis,

Just a quick follow up on this thread, do you still see the alert in the client?

It could mean that the Json file in clean has been cleared but the alert in the centre might have not been acknowledged. Can you check if there are any pending alerts in central for this specific client?

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• After reviewing the "yellow triangle" medium events, I show two from 2/10/18. The thing is, this system has since received numerous updates and been restarted for those to be applied. I've attached the pictures to show this. This system is showing "all green" in Central console and in Sophos Endpoint Self Help. There isn't an option to click on the event for any further options. Maybe have to reinstall protection to reset this?

• That's interesting, those 2 components no longer exist as their own component. 

TBH I would suggest just disabling tamper protection.  Stopping the Health service, rename C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Health\Event Store\Database\events.db and starting the Health service.

Regards,
    Jak

• Thank you! This helped to clear the message, as it appears it somehow never updated correctly all those months.

Reply Children
No Data