Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update. Please follow knowledge base article 133945
Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Turn your MFA on now!
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
we have problems to install InterceptX on some Clients, if I set the IP on the Skip-List in the transparent-Proxy of the UTM9 it works.
It would be helpfull to make a Exception in the UTM, but what will be the parameters (Which checks to skip and which target Domains) ?
Please have a look at this KB How to allow Sophos Central Managed Endpoint, UTM Managed Endpoint, and Sophos Home to use proxy server settings
Also, here are the ports and URLs required for communication with Sophos Central.
In reply to Barb@Sophos:
Hi thanks for the fast help, I will build a Exception in the UTM Proxy.
It would be nice if Sophos would do that in the next update automaticly because it's a
product from the same company ;)
In reply to Alphatec:
I reached out to a UTM analyst so that we can further assist you.
If you could please grant Support access to your UTM and DM me the Access ID, we will have a look at your default Sophos Services exceptions and settings in general, to see if there's anything that needs to be modified.
I bulid this exception:
But still problems (see screenshot):
But I can't find something in the http.log on the UTM that block it.
If I put the Client on the transparent-Skip-list of the Proxy it works .... ?!
It looks like you might be missing some URL exceptions. By default, the UTM comes with defined web exceptions to allow Sophos Endpoints and Services.
Here's a screenshot below:
When you put your Client's IP into the transparent skip-list, you by-pass ALL traffic coming from this endpoint. This is the reason why it works. This is also a possible workaround, but if you would like to selectively by-pass certain traffic, you will have to re-configure your exception list.
Please keep us updated. If you run into further issues, please grant us Support access to your UTM and PM me with the Access ID for further investigation.
In reply to FloSupport:
with the defined web exceptions it didn't work. Now I rechecked my self-constructed exceptions, I think there was a little mistake one one URL (can't say what it was) but now it works fine :)
Thx for the help :)