This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple issues with Enterprise console & other issues

OK Here we go ...

To start with - Sophos have made a BIG mistake in getting rid of (not answering !!) straight forward Email to open support tickets !!

The problem is that web form is not good enough - we have a silver support contract but no response in 24 hours is not good enough - I require a simple way of escalating issues within Sophos !

ie) Good old email ..

Often - when trying to fill in my "life story" on the web forms - it fails to even get sent - requiring info that I do not even have - and when I do manage to fill it in - there's NO confirmation that it has been sent !!

We have many PC / LAPTOPS / Tablets that need “restarts needed for updates to take effect”  - That when rebooted still remains in the error list

Then there are the permissions to edit or modify AV and HIPS policies – they are greyed out on the actual console itself when logged in as "admin" – how do I change them to recommended settings ?

Also - why do we have an ever increasing number of PC’s are being classed as being out of date – there were around 15 showing this error (ie last updated YESTERDAY) – Despite running for several hours today it is clearly not updating - showing last connected 22/10 at 13:40. Yet EVERYTHING, as far as I can see is set the same as any other PC without the issue !!

Even when manually protected – some remain in the protection error state !

Surely – the fact that the majority clear when manually protected – proves that Sophos is not doing its job automatically – but why ?

And if I didn’t manually protect them- what would happen ?

Would they ever update or would the list expand ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Weeboo,

Have you registered and tried https://sophserv.sophos.com/ for better case management?  It would avoid using the web form.  Here's what it looks like inside...

And you can interact with your cases and update/view progress/close etc. 

It certainly would end the form filling.  It uses the same authentication as the Sophos Community (Sophos ID) so you just need to request access and, once granted, use the same email/password to login.  Note: Your community username isn't used by SophServ (at all) so there is no problem keeping Weeboo for forum posts.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.