This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Bootable: There is a bug in sbavc.exe. I am unable to create the iso due to a mkisofs error on Win 7 Pro x64.

When I run "sbavc.exe sbav.iso" on Win 7 Pro (Sp1 with all updates) x64 I receive the following.

C:\sbav>sbavc.exe sbav.iso
Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus Creator v1.1.3
Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved

Downloading Linux distribution from Sophos...
Downloading the manifest file...
Integrity successfully verified.
Unpacking Linux distribution...
Downloading Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux...
Downloading the manifest file...
Integrity successfully verified.
Downloading virus data...
Determining virus data version...
Downloading latest identities for virus data 5.38...
Creating the ISO image: sbav.iso...
mkisofs.exe: Warning: Cannot write inode/link information with -no-cache-inodes.

MoveFile failed with error code 2

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Me Bot,

I don't think it's mkisofs.exe - I also get the warning and I assume it can be ignored. When I run sbavc.exe (Win7 Enterprise SP1) the warning is followed by ISO image successfully created. I'd say the actual error is MoveFile failed with error code 2.
    This is somewhat strange. sbavc.exe first checks whether it can write the target file. It then creates (your user's) %Temp%\SophosBootableAvTempFolder\sbav.iso and tells mkisofs.exe to use this for its output. When mkisofs.exe has finished sbavc.exe "moves" the temp file to the target. Can't say why it fails with the File not found (that's the meaning of 2). Process Monitor (Filter Path - ends with - sbav.iso) should show the details of the error.

Christian