This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Usb pendrive hide issue

Hi, i have a question about a problem i had with my usb pendrive at my work.

After attachment of my pendrive sophos found a Trojan virus and hide all my files.

I did a scan and have delete the Trojan but i still can't see my files in all pc I try.

I change the options to see all hide file on the pendrive and nothing change and i verified that the files weren't delete.

Thanks for help and sorry for my terrible English, i hope you can understand my problem

Fabio Tessari

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Fabio Tessari,

first of all, this forum is for Community Feedback not for product-related questions (although I admit that the name General can be misinterpreted as For general questions). 

Anyway, Sophos doesn't hide files. And a trojan doesn't suddenly appear on a pendrive (or any other medium). It's likely that the infection happened on the last machine where the drive was plugged in - can you remember which one it was (and does it have an AV installed) or did you get the drive from some other person?

The Anti-virus and HIPS log on the PC where the trojan was detected (and if I understand correctly has been cleaned up) should have the details of the infection, the files involved, and subsequent cleanup actions. 
    i verified that the files weren't delete
    you know (how do you know?) that the files are there but you can't see them? Do you have some kind of IT-support at work (someone must have installed Sophos) and couldn't they help? It's easier to tell what could have happened to the drive if one has the drive actually available. 

Christian