This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?

Hi, 

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?  I created a ticket 3 weeks ago, I got a response immediately and we worked through the issue for a few days.  Then I sent in a SDU log and they asked for some time to review the log, and it's been 2 weeks.  I've sent multiple emails asking for updates.  I created a new ticket to ask for an update on the old ticket and got no response.  I've called the Support phone number and left a voicemail and received no call back.

I've had issues before that Sophos was really helpful in helping me work through my issue, but this is pretty poor.  

:51088

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Having sent my SDU logs, a couple of days later, I was told  that my problem was to escalated  to a senior engineer. This was a week ago,  I have emailed 3 times for an update but not had any reply or acknowledgement

• Julia Hammett said:

Having sent my SDU logs, a couple of days later, I was told  that my problem was to escalated  to a senior engineer. This was a week ago,  I have emailed 3 times for an update but not had any reply or acknowledgement

Sorry for the delay and lack of communication on your case.  I have checked and the detection has been raised and scheduled for a release.  The best answer I can give you right now is that the issue should be resolved automatically on or before the middle of next week.  It could be as early as Monday, but I cannot guarantee that.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid its not very helpful when the issue still isn't resolved, and when people are being prevented from working and having to reboot their computers every time. 

This is still an open ticket with no replies from Sophos support since 9th March when it was supposed to be being escalated.

• Julia Hammett said:

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid its not very helpful when the issue still isn't resolved, and when people are being prevented from working and having to reboot their computers every time. 

This is still an open ticket with no replies from Sophos support since 9th March when it was supposed to be being escalated.

You should have been pinged and advised about the update being released.  I am sorry that didn't happened.

The good news is that the release did go out out during Monday.  I've confirmed that in order to resolve the issue on a computer, that computer must be rebooted after it successfully updates.  Now, you do mention that you're rebooting as a workaround, however, in order to take the correct next steps, can I ask that you check on a couple of computers and confirm that (1) the computer is updating successfully (no errors updating/installing/etc.), (2) have been fully rebooted after that update, and (3) the alert is still seen after that reboot?

If there are any problems with updating or installation these can affect the resolution.  It's also worth checking the Update Manager to ensure that's syncing OK.

On a side note, I'm requesting that the article that explains the process on these alerts is updated to provide more information about how to provide the necessary information, what our turnaround on the alerts is, and that computers must be rebooted after the update has successfully been received on the endpoint (the date of the release should have been communicated to you via support so you know when a reboot should stop working around the issue, and starts to resolve it).  Link to the article for future reference: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/125439 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Julia Hammett said:

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid its not very helpful when the issue still isn't resolved, and when people are being prevented from working and having to reboot their computers every time. 

You should have been pinged and advised about the update being released.  I am sorry that didn't happened.

The good news is that the release did go out out during Monday.  I've confirmed that in order to resolve the issue on a computer, that computer must be rebooted after it successfully updates.  Now, you do mention that you're rebooting as a workaround, however, in order to take the correct next steps, can I ask that you check on a couple of computers and confirm that (1) the computer is updating successfully (no errors updating/installing/etc.), (2) have been fully rebooted after that update, and (3) the alert is still seen after that reboot?

If there are any problems with updating or installation these can affect the resolution.  It's also worth checking the Update Manager to ensure that's syncing OK.

On a side note, I'm requesting that the article that explains the process on these alerts is updated to provide more information about how to provide the necessary information, what our turnaround on the alerts is, and that computers must be rebooted after the update has successfully been received on the endpoint (the date of the release should have been communicated to you via support so you know when a reboot should stop working around the issue, and starts to resolve it).  Link to the article for future reference: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/125439 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Children