This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mails from home-mail.sophos.com will be blocked

Hi!

I've forgotten my password for my Sophos Home Account, and I will NOT receive the password reset mails.
After some investigation, I have found out, that my mail provider will block mails, which do not have a valid sender address.

"home-mail.sophos.com" is not a valid sender address, because there is an "incorrect" dns record (returns 127.0.0.1).
Mails from "id.sophos.com" and from the community "mail.community.sophos.com" could be received, because those domains have a valid dns record.

The question now is, how do I access the password reset link, when my provider does not accept such mails?
I can't imagine, that I'm the only one with such an issue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi 

Could you provide us the more details why your ISP has blocked this address? Would it seem DMARC is still published?

Regards,

Aditya Patel
    Global Escalation Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi!

I've asked the support and they told me, that those mails will be dropped, because the reverse lookup from the sender address isn't valid and there is no "reply-to" address.

I am very suprised, that I could receive mails from:
    * Sophos Community (noreply@mail.community.sophos.com)
    * Sophos ID (customerservice@id.sophos.com)
    * Sophos MyUTM (myutm@sophos.com)

but not from Sophos Home (no-reply@home-mail.sophos.com)?

The last mail, which I could find was received from Sophos Home was on 29.10.2017 15:38.
    The only difference I've found (compared with a gmail test account) is, that there is no "reply-to" anymore.

Reply-To: do-not-reply@cloud.sophos.com

If I interpreted that correctly, the "home-mail.sophos.com" reverse lookup could also be "wrong" in the past, but there was a "valid" reply-to entry.
    From my point of view "mail.community.sophos.com", "id.sophos.com", "sophos.com" and "cloud.sophos.com" have a "valid" reverse lookup result.

I don't wanna blame anyone at this - I just wanna get those mails, because also my "password forgotten" mail is missing :/
    I've register another (for test purposes) home account with gmail.com address, and there it works.

I'll ask my mail provider regarding the DMARC.

Kind regards
    Patrick

• Sophos Home sender address has been changed to "no-reply@mail.home.sophos.com"...now it works!

Kind regards!!!!