Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update. Please follow knowledge base article 133945

Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Turn your MFA on now!

Sophos Home does not block pages.

Hi, I just installed sophos free on my windows 10 pc. The web filter doesn't work, I tried the company test page and nothing. Also with the web AMSTO and does not block anything. Well if someone can help me very much thankful beforehand. Best regards.

• What browser are you using?

Do you see a swi_fc.exe process?

If you use Process Explorer, look at the TCP/IP tab of the swi_fc.exe process, do you see the browser processes connecting to it?

Regards,

Jak

• Dear Emanuel

I did the test on AMSTO and WICAR with Firefox (latest version) and Brave. 

AMTSO:

Results for Firefox: Sophos webfilter did not detect the eicar file, but the realtime protection did his work. The webfilter did detect the downloads on www.amtso.org/.../. Sophos detects 14 of the 16 simulations.

Brave is an other story. Zero detections. Only the realtime protection find the download files.

WICAR:

Results for Firefox: Sophos detects all 13 threats. 

Brave is again a complete fail. Zero detections.

Do you use a firewall? The program Sophos Web Intelligence is needed. It can be found here: C:\program files (x86)\common files\sophos\web intelligence\swi_fc.exe. It uses protocol TCP and ports 80 and 443.

Kind regards,

Dr

• In reply to jak:

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. Sorry to answer so late. Pictures of the request are attached. Thank you.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/rDj4trp.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8z18YKM.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zobnkNj.jpg[/img]

• In reply to Emanuel Borda:

You don't mention the browser you are using.

I can see that swi_fc.exe is running and listening on a port as expected.  It shows that there are no "clients" (browsers) connected to it, and it doesnt have any outgoing connections so not proxuing traffic at least at the time of the screenshot.

I can't see from the Process Explorer screenshot the browser processes to know if they are supported.

Regards,
    Jak

• In reply to jak:

In firefox it works, in MS Edge (Not Chromium based) it also works. Google Chrome doesn't work, Yandex doesn't work and Opera doesn't work either. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Firefox.exe, MicrosoftEdge.exe, Chrome.exe, Opera.exe are all browsers that should work. I've not come accross Yandex but this is not supported.

The odd one is therefore Chrome.  Is the process of Chrome called Chrome.exe, as typically run from: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application"?

The location doesn't matter but it should be Chrome.exe to work.

Regards,

Jak

• In reply to jak:

En chrome isn't working. It doesn't work in Opera either. Attached image. Thank you very much.

[img]i.imgur.com/.../img]

I think something went wrong with the link in the last post.

Thanks.