This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sophos installation

Hello,

when I try to install savxp directly from the share I get the following error message: failed to open xml file: c: \ program files (x86) \ sophos \ sophos \ anti-virus \ Instrumentation.man, system error: -2147221164.

Can someone help me please?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello TI ARWI,

in hex the error is 0x80040154, Class not registered and as this is an XML file I assume that MSXML is not properly registered.
    Assuming it's a 64bit system please open an administrative cmd window, cd to C:\Windows\SysWoW64\ and type regsvr32 msxml6.dll. Then retry the install.

Christian

• thanks for the help, but still with the same error

• Hello TI AWRI,

I've meanwhile tried to get better informed, doesn't look like it's the MSXML registration. Are there a Sophos Anti-Virus Major Install ... and a ... CustomActions ... log in \Windows\Temp\ and if so, could you attach them here?
    Which Windows version is this, BTW, and what Sophos programs are already in Programs and Features?

Christian

• Hello TI AWRI,

I've meanwhile tried to get better informed, doesn't look like it's the MSXML registration. Are there a Sophos Anti-Virus Major Install ... and a ... CustomActions ... log in \Windows\Temp\ and if so, could you attach them here?
    Which Windows version is this, BTW, and what Sophos programs are already in Programs and Features?

Christian

Children