This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disabling Web Policies (Super Admin) - Endpoint Enterprise

Dear community 

I just made the jump and got 15 copies of Sophos Enterprise for my company.  

The good news is that it stops everyone from accessing adult content.

The bad news is I installed this on my own personal laptop without realising that as a super admin I actually don't seem to have any special rights. :o

Furthermore it would appear my own attempt to do some *ahem* "security tests", will appear in the Event log for any employees (user profiles) who decide to look? or is it only visible to admins?

Anyhow, I have read around the support pages and it seems the only way you can gain special privileges is by assigning a static IP and allowing that to bypass. 

Is this still possible to do while using a PROXY?  (I use Express VPN as I work in China and otherwise most of the web is blocked!).

Otherwise it looks like I will need to uninstall it from my private computer which is kind of annoying as I hoped it would be an alternative to using COMODO.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello M B,

sorry for the late replay, didn't notice it before, Endpoint Self Help is a specific component and I normally don't look into this forum.

Not sure which product you are referring to by Sophos Enterprise, is it the on-premise Endpoint Security and Control or the cloud Central?

will appear in the Event log
    again it's not clear what this Event log is (and why you think that anyone can look at it). Web Control (if this is the component you are referring to) doesn't write to local logs, whether ESC or Central only a Console Admin can view the logs. The rest is equally ambiguous. Please clarify.

Christian

• Hello M B,

sorry for the late replay, didn't notice it before, Endpoint Self Help is a specific component and I normally don't look into this forum.

Not sure which product you are referring to by Sophos Enterprise, is it the on-premise Endpoint Security and Control or the cloud Central?

will appear in the Event log
    again it's not clear what this Event log is (and why you think that anyone can look at it). Web Control (if this is the component you are referring to) doesn't write to local logs, whether ESC or Central only a Console Admin can view the logs. The rest is equally ambiguous. Please clarify.

Christian

Children
No Data