This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows services says I have 2 instances of Sophos System Protection Service - one running with a network service account (currently active) and another using a local service account (not active) and the latter is the service being reported to the Portal

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The new SSP service is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos System Protection Service
    ImagePath - "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Endpoint Defense\SSPService.exe"

The new SSP service as shipped as part of the 10.8.1 update.

Prior to this, it was it's own component, and the service was ssp.exe under "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos System Protection\"

I assume that the old one is marked for deletion?  Have you rebooted?

Maybe the old Sophos System Protection component is still installed.  Do you have an entry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

for Sophos System Protection.  For example:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1093B57D-A613-47F3-90CF-0FD5C5DCFFE6}

Regards,
    Jak

• The new SSP service is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos System Protection Service
    ImagePath - "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Endpoint Defense\SSPService.exe"

The new SSP service as shipped as part of the 10.8.1 update.

Prior to this, it was it's own component, and the service was ssp.exe under "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos System Protection\"

I assume that the old one is marked for deletion?  Have you rebooted?

Maybe the old Sophos System Protection component is still installed.  Do you have an entry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

for Sophos System Protection.  For example:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1093B57D-A613-47F3-90CF-0FD5C5DCFFE6}

Regards,
    Jak

Children
No Data