This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error 80070057 trying to setup / protect an 2012R2 Domaincontroller

Hi everybody,

Using SEC Cosole 5.5 on a 2012R2 machine, I'm able to protect clients (Win 8.1 & 10) and a few other Win 2012R2 Servers.
Only my two Domaincontrollers are to stubborn to accept the installation and the following (stupid) errormessage is shown:

Installation failed. The computer may need additional configuration before installation. See knowledgebase article 29287. Code 80050057

- worked the whole KB29287 thru, didn't change
- deinstalled everything thats Sophos on the Domaincontrollers
- restartet them
- checked all the GP settings vor SophosDeployment --> ok
- firewall is down for internal domain network
- still same error when I select "Protect this computer"

Need some hints. Where do I find some logs or more specific information on that error?

tnx & meeow,

Clyde the tomcat

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Clyde,

0x80070057 should be the parameter is incorrect - the real meaning is often nothing more than something failed.
    Please see the How does ... article for a description of the workflow. Basic questions involve the Task Scheduler and are - has the task been created, did it start, any details regarding its failure.

Protect is not a sine qua non - might be quicker to install manually on those two.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

For the moment, I did install the both manualy, by starting the setup at \\sophos-server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\setup.exe
    Is this correct?

The scanners of both DCs are running, Sophos-services are running,
    but both servers are marked as "unmanaged" in the SEC console on "Sophos-server"

The console is synchronized with the ADDS.

Clyde

• Hi Christian,

For the moment, I did install the both manualy, by starting the setup at \\sophos-server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\setup.exe
    Is this correct?

The scanners of both DCs are running, Sophos-services are running,
    but both servers are marked as "unmanaged" in the SEC console on "Sophos-server"

The console is synchronized with the ADDS.

Clyde

Children
  • Hello Clyde,

marked as "unmanaged"
    in their expected (i.e. sync'ed) group? Do they perhaps also appear as managed in the Unassigned group? If not, please view their Network Communications Report. Otherwise delete both the managed and unmanaged objects from the console, wait until they reappear.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

this is the Report of one of the DCs:

everything looks ok.

If I remove both DCs from the console, they dont re-appear themselves ontime, due to a sync-time of 999s.
    When I manualy start the synchronisation, they appear directly unter the main-domain, even they are in an OU-subfolder like other servers on the domain.
    ...and they are still marked unmanaged (greyed-out)

EDIT:  correction, they moved to the correct subfolder "DomainControllers" inside the AD-tree, but are still greyed-out.

btw: When I manual started the setup on the DCs, I think I left the group-field empty. Could that be the problem?
    (DC ist just restarting for a new test...)

Clyde

• Hello Clyde,

leaving the group enmpty is ok in this case.
    As the DC reports the (I assume correct) parent it has to be in the console as managed ... somewhere. Naw, either the correct group or in Unassigned.

Christian

• This problem is easily resolved, If you have 2 or more network adapters just you disable it, must to still only 1 network adapter.

After sync completed you can enable it again.