This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Drive File Stream - Direct I/O Error

In Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5, I am seeing the scanning error "File systems using direct I/O are not supported [0xe03d0of] on Windows systems that I later discovered are testing out Google Drive File Stream.  Previously these systems had been using Google Drive which is going end of support and scanned successfully. In Google Drive the data was presented as a local folder, but in Google Drive File Stream the data is presented as a mapped drive.  I did dig up this error message from 2013 https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119136 where the workaround for the direct I/O error was to add the file as a exclusion.  As we are looking to roll Google Drive File Stream out to a wider user base where there may be drive mapping variances, is there any Sophos guidance on this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Jason Waters,

[I'm not Sophos and not using the G Suite]
    drive mapping variances
    isn't there a finite number of first parts in the paths (\My Drive\ and \Team Drives\)?

Christian 

• Thanks for your response,

By default Google Drive File Stream maps drive letter G in Windows:, but it will move up to the next letter available if there is already something else like a departmental share mapped to G:.  In setting an exclusion, I was thinking that I would need to specify the full source path which would vary across users. G:\My Drive or H:\My Drive.  It looks like based off your suggestion that I set an exclusion based just of the folder name.  Those folder names seem to be unique enough that I would only be excluding a wider scope than intended.

• Hello Jason Waters,

fine. I see that I didn't include the reference to the Console help (Specifying scanning exclusions for Windows) that has an applicable example with a comment.

Christian