This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to install SAVXP: The MSI has failed

Dear All,

Having this issue with more than 70% machines out of 2000. 

Failed to install SAVXP: The MSI has failed

Failed to connect to the on-access driver (0x80070005).

Regards

Faisal

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I would suggest for any of these computers try running:

sc query savonaccess

that should return that the driver service is running.

As for the install errors for SAVXP, can you zip and attach a MSI and custom action log from \windows\temp\?

Regards,

Jak

• Dear Jak,

Thanks for your kind reply. I will send you a complete Sophos logs compressed file. May I have your personal email in private message plz?

Thanks

Regards

• Can I sort machines which are stating as "Not Connected" and move them in a different Group. Or a custom Filter to set for required category to display. 

This will ease up my life to fix the connected machines one by one.

Thanks

Regards

• Hi Jak,

The solution "sc query savonaccess" worked for me. I've ran this in few machines manually and reboot. It resolved the error.

I've run this more than 700+ machines on LAN and WAN. Is there a trick to run other than Active Directory GPO ? or if only through GPO, is there any document with procedure?

Thanks for your kind and best replies ever.

Regards.

• Just querying the state of the savonaccess service can't be a fix. :) It must have been the restart.

That said, prior to the restart I'd be interested to know what the result of:

sc query savonaccess

...was.  Did it say the service was stopped, running, missing, etc...

• Hello Jak,

We are running in serious issue now. This is happening every week now and then some of the machines are getting fixed after reboot but some are not. Is there a way that I can restart any service or remote action for about 14xx machines to avoid requesting them to reboot their machines.

I've already escalated this case to Sophos but no luck every time they ask to provide process monitor and SDU. Their findings are "Permission" issue, whereas I've checked the permissions are correct as they asked to check in Reg.

Can anyone help in this issue ?

Thanks

Regards

Faisal Raza