This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enterprise console has gone

hello everyone

the enterprise server is down and everything is gone.

we just have clients.

is there any way that i  installing a new console on my server and rejoin the client to the server?

for example i have a enterprise console and i decide to change windows and change ip and change everything from server

how can i rejoin the client with new ip with new console ?

is there any certificate between clients and server to communicate?

is there any way to backup all clients all settings and database for this situation ?

best regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello ashkan.hf,

what exactly is is gone? No server or SEC backups (DataBackUpRestore.exe)? Could you give some details of the server and SEC (OS and SEC version, database local and therefore also gone)? Do you have Endpoint Defense with enhanced Tamper Protection enabled?

is there any certificate
    it is, stored in the registry. If you don't have a backup and no longer can extract it you have to either reprotect your endpoints or use the EndpointMigrationUtility.

any way to backup all clients all settings and database
    depends on where your database resides. If the database has gone with the server the naturally no.

Christian

• hi christian

the server is virtual and had a windows 2012 data center , database server and enterprise console all of them are  installed one server.

the virtual machine is corrupted and admin delete it :(

unfortunately we dont have any backup from server.

yes we configured a tamper protection for clients.

for example in symantec endpoint protection manager we can easily  backup from console , certificate all setting with a wizard from console.

and we can easily restore it .

when the console SEPM is gone we can restored all thing easily without any problem but we just have a certificate .

when we want to change the server we just had the certificates .and clients after few minutes connect to new server.

in this case how can i do this ?

how can i backup the certificate from SEC to change the server ?

thanks in advanced

• Hello ashkan.hf,

the mentioned DataBackUpRestore.exe backs up (more than) all necessary data to a local folder under %ProgramData%. Its contents should then be backed up to an external location of course.  SEC's certificates (part of the data backed up) are contained in a few registry keys and don't change, all you have to do is to store the .reg file in a safe location.

If you hadn't backed up these certificates before the server went away they're gone for good (why else would one take backups before "something happens"?)

clients after few minutes connect to new server
    connect is ambiguous. The server has two distinct roles: Providing updates and endpoint management. It might still be the case that endpoints will update from a "foreign" CID if it's in the configured location (normally a name - UNC server or HTTP host) though they will refuse to update the management component and thus not communicate (i.e. report their status and receive policies/requests) with the management server.

Christian