This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web protection is no longer functional. The filtering driver has been bypassed or unloaded [0xa058000c] Windows 10 1703

I have an open ticket with Sophos about this issue popping up on about 17 machines that were just recently updated to Windows 10 1703 from Windows 10 1607. Tried the following KB 114350 with Zero luck in getting this resolved. I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling both manually on the console, and through the "Protect Computers" option within the Enterprise Console.  Even created a Group with the recommended policies as suggested within the KB article with no luck on that either. going to http://sophostest.com/malware/index.html to test and verify the machines are protected results in the website not being blocked. Looking for any ideas that might help resolve this issue once in for all. 

Thank you,

Jamie

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are seeing the same problem.  The error is occurring on builds 1703 and 1709 of Windows 10 for us.  The users that are experiencing the error are not getting blocked for the test site above. I have tested on multiple browsers (Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox) and the result is the same.  We are not seeing this issue on older versions of Windows 10.  Does Sophos have any updates on this issue?  We are planning an OS update to 1709 and this issue is preventing us from upgrading.

• Email from Sophos Support Staff - 

We have been rolling out version 10.7.6 to the Preview subscription line, which contains the fix for this issue. Not all customers have it yet, so I suggest you open your subscriptions in SEC, select "Preview" for Windows Endpoint, and click Details... If the version stated is 10.7.6, you can upgrade to this version, which contains the fix.

It will likely take a bit longer before it goes to the Recommended line, but the software is fully complete. We just use the Preview line so customers have a chance to test in their environments before full deployment.

NEXT Email -  

just clarified with my Global escalations team.  We had to put a hold on the release of this build to preview for right now.  The reason is due to some interactions we have with Citrix and we are working on resolving that issue.  I don't have an ETA yet but I am working on finding that out.

There is a fix in the works but currently it has not been released as of yet. Sophos is aware of the issue and hopefully they can come up with a fix ASAP.  They can identify potential virus issues but can't fix something that has been going on for months ??!

• Oh good Thanks for the info. 

I've got 403 endpoints flagging this and there is no way the troubleshooting steps suggested could be done practically on all those endpoints as many of them are laptops and tablets. 

I look forward to the fix being released. 

• Oh good Thanks for the info. 

I've got 403 endpoints flagging this and there is no way the troubleshooting steps suggested could be done practically on all those endpoints as many of them are laptops and tablets. 

I look forward to the fix being released. 

Children
No Data