This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPdate URL gettin 'doubled' for Apple PC's

Hi 

Have been investigatin why our Apple Mac's have trouble updating. Seems they are modifying the Update URL. We store our central store on a server called Utility.

We install from utility\sophosupdate\CIDs\S000\esc0sx, they have an Update Policy applied that points to the same URL.

After a while the URL changes to utility\sophosupdate\CIDs\S000\esc0sx\CIDs\S000\esc0sx which obviously does not work.

To try a workaround I have created the path CIDs\S000\ESCOSX in the original ESCOSX folder and copied the contents of the ESCOSX folder to it, the systems then happily update.

1. How do I prevent the URL altering?

2. With the workaround, do I need to keep copying the folder or does it refer back to the Warehous folder to get updates?

CHeers

Simon Bryan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Simon Bryan,

first of all it's not esc0sx but ESCOSX. (case doesn't matter but zero vs. O does).

How do I prevent the URL altering?
    specify the correct path in the Updating policy
    , the URL doesn't alter. The Address (as it's called in the policy) must specify only the root of the CIDs (usually just the share, \\utility\sophosupdate). the constant \CIDs, the subscription-specific "short tag" (\Snnn), and the platform-specific subfolder (\ESCOSX, \SAVSCFXP, and so on) are appended by the management server.

Christian

• Hi Christian

apologies for the late reply the O v 0 thing was just a typo in my question.

and yep specifying the correct path sure works a treat! That was my problem (apart from reaidn instructions) - all sorted

Cheers

Reply Children
No Data