This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Having issue in clients reporting to Sophos Console.

Hello Experts,

I've an issue of clients reporting to Sophos Ent. Console. Everyday I see the "Out-of-date computers" are increasing the numbers and there's a huge list of machines with message "Not since so and so date and time".

What could be the issue and how to resolve this case. I need the fastest solution and best practiced solution, please.

Thanks

Regards

Faisal

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • See the screenshot of one of the machine. This is updated but not reported to Sophos Ent. Console.

Regards

• Are you using a message relay or are these reporting directly back to the management server?

Test connectivity from one of the machines back to RMS on ports 8192/8194, 'telnet <management server> 8192' and 'telnet <management server> 8192'.

• Hello Faisal and warnox,

connectivity (endpoint to server) must be ok otherwise there wouldn't be the Updated successfully with a recent time. Seems to be an endpoint-internal issue, apparently it affects more than one endpoint though and seems to be related to an update on 30th August. Might be that COM got stuck. I'd try a reboot as for further troubleshooting you'd need access to the endpoints anyway.

Christian

• warnox said:

Are you using a message relay or are these reporting directly back to the management server?

Test connectivity from one of the machines back to RMS on ports 8192/8194, 'telnet <management server> 8192' and 'telnet <management server> 8192'.

Yes relay servers. After I reboot once site has started but other still not affecting :-/

• Hello QC,

I rebooted the servers where I was facing the issue. So far one site has started hand shake with clients. :) but the other still not :-/

• Hello Faisal,

as said, the endpoint in the screenshot does communicate so it's at least for this endpoint not a relay issue. A Last message time or an updating message (whether Successfully or some error) later than the Not since ... indicates a working RMS communication and the issue is likely endpoint-internal. The Router and Agent logs from one of these endpoints would be a start.

Christian 

• Hello QC,

The issue I've found in Manager with error for a server "Software delivery failed." What's the issue and solution for this. I believe this is causing issue because all the clients of this server is throwing errors.

• Hello Faisal,

my bad that I didn't ask. If a SUM doesn't update the endpoints updating from its CIDs will nevertheless report successful updates - the package will be out of date though.

The shoot first-ask later approach would be stop the SUM service and empty (delete the contents of) %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse\ and %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\, then restart the service and force an update. Otherwise please check the SUMTrace log(s) in %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Logs\ , there should be a more specific description of the error. 

Christian

• Hello Faisal,

my bad that I didn't ask. If a SUM doesn't update the endpoints updating from its CIDs will nevertheless report successful updates - the package will be out of date though.

The shoot first-ask later approach would be stop the SUM service and empty (delete the contents of) %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse\ and %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\, then restart the service and force an update. Otherwise please check the SUMTrace log(s) in %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Logs\ , there should be a more specific description of the error. 

Christian

Children
No Data