This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configcid.exe

Hi. I have had to change the mrinit file on our Update Nodes and tried to run configcid.exe on our SEC. I got an error:

Could not find product metadata file. Is this a valid CID?

I have tried running the command against a variety of nodes and CIDs but get the same error. I am not sure if the issue may lie in the fact that the DP share has a space in it. I have tried taking the space out but still have the same error. Has anyone else come across this?

With thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Ian Withers,

if you still have the issue, could you show the exact (but edit the server name) <"path to CID"> you are using? In most cases the path specification is incorrect when it asks Is this a valid CID?

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for this. Path is:

c:\ProgramData\Sophos\Update Manager\Install\Update Manager\configcid \\<SERVERNAME>\Sophos Update\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP

This returns the error:- "Processing CID \\<SERVERNAME>Sophos......  

<ERROR> Could not find product Metadata file. Is this a valid CID?" which leads me to believe it does not like the space in the share name.

However I have tried without the space :

c:\ProgramData\Sophos\UpdateManager\Install\Update Manager\configcid \\<SERVERNAME>\Sophos Update\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP

This returns the error:- "Processing CID \\<SERVERNAME>SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000SAVSCFXP......  

<ERROR> Could not find product Metadata file. Is this a valid CID?" which is more complete but still the same error.

I have tried with non-existent CIDs i.e. S123 but still the error is the same regardless. The DP share sits at the root C: and is called Sophos Update. I should mention that this has been running OK but we recently replaced the SEC server but we kept the saver name and IP as the old one and updates are working fine so I am am happy that this is not an issue.

Thanks again for your help

• Hello Ian,

so you have indeed a space in the share's name.
    Well, usual shell and CLI rules apply - to pass arguments containing whitespace or special characters include the strings in quotes or escape the special characters. Thus ConfigCID "\\<SERVERNAME>\Sophos Update\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\" will work.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

This looks good thanks although I am unable to test it today and in fact it will be nearly a week before I can carry this out.

I am confident you are right so if you want to close this thread that's fine with me. I will confirm next week if it has worked if you like. Alternatively do you want to suspend this until I can confirm testing.

Either way is fine with me. Once again thank you very much for your time assistance.

With best wishes,

Ian

• Hi Christian,

This looks good thanks although I am unable to test it today and in fact it will be nearly a week before I can carry this out.

I am confident you are right so if you want to close this thread that's fine with me. I will confirm next week if it has worked if you like. Alternatively do you want to suspend this until I can confirm testing.

Either way is fine with me. Once again thank you very much for your time assistance.

With best wishes,

Ian

Children
No Data