This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade options.

Hi,

We are currently running enterprise console 5.2.1 R2 on a Server 2003 32 bit platform with a local database.

I am looking to upgrade to the latest version and have created a Server 2012r2 64 bit virtual machine in readiness.

We are also running puremessage with exchange on local servers. what is the best method of upgrade:

1. new install and migrate the clients to the new console.

2. migrate all settings to the new console in one hit.

Keeping in mind we have very little down time for the puremessage mail filtering.

I prefer option 1 but is it possible to run 2 instances short term whilst I migrate/configure the new server.

Regards,

Tony

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Tony,

you can't migrate to 5.5.0 on W2k3 and you can't install 5.2.1 on 2012 so you'd have to start from scratch on the new server.
    You can run as many management servers (regardless of their version) in parallel as you wish (except when using AD sync with automatic protection).

Christian

• Hello Tony,

you can't migrate to 5.5.0 on W2k3 and you can't install 5.2.1 on 2012 so you'd have to start from scratch on the new server.
    You can run as many management servers (regardless of their version) in parallel as you wish (except when using AD sync with automatic protection).

Christian

Children
No Data