This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple Licenses on One Sophos Enterprise Console

Hello Everybody,

If a company demands some Real Licenses for Sophos Server Protection Enterprise Version and then later demands for Sophos Endpoint Licenses too, in this situation there will be 2 licenses - one for Sophos Server Protection Enterprise and another for Sophos Endpoint.

Now will those both licenses can be operate from One Sophos Enterprise Console or for this act 2 separate Sophos Enterprise Console need to be installed on another Server?

Thanks & Regards 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Riyad Amin,

as far as I know you can manage them from one SEC installation - but your reseller/partner should be able to give you a definite answer.
    While there will be two licenses it's important that you get only one set of credentials though, otherwise it won't work. SEC will download everything that's included with your licenses. Which endpoint or server actually uses which product (you can protect a server with "only" the Endpoint product as well) is determined when you install the endpoint software. SEC also doesn't enforce license counts.

Christian

• Hello ,

glad to see your reply. 

yes definitely the reseller/partner/Sophos source can define this solution well. They are able to customize Licenses for Sever Protections & Endpoint in same SEC, but order should be placed one. But matter is will Sophos are able to customize new licenses on the old licenses for same client?

By the way, from where I can see a license's validity ?

Thanks & Regards

• Hello Riyad Amin,

will Sophos be able to customize new licenses
    I hope so. There were always at least two "bundles" available for the on-premise product (right now it's Endpoint Protection Standard and Advanced). Old and new features have constantly been "repackaged" (so the Application/Device/Web Control features which previously required an extended license are now contained in the basic Standard bundle). What's availble for download is determined on the backend servers. Recently Server Protection Enterprise licenses (supporting Unix and containing Exploit Prevention) and the Exploit Prevention add-on have been introduced. All that is needed are the correct definition at the backend.

a license's validity
    Product credentials can be added to a SophosID on the My Account page. The page will then show the start and end dates. There'll just be a Product Name though, what's actually contained can be found in the bundles article, the number of licenses is only in the license schedule. Please see also How to use your MySophos account to download Sophos software.

Christian