This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cant migrate machine with Cloud Migration Tool SC:FailedInstallation:131

Hi Guys

Can anyone please advise why i would be getting this error when trying to migrate a compliant machine?

SC:FailedInstallation:131

Name 
Domain/workgroup 
DNS name 
Description {SC:FailedInstallation:131}
Errors Installation failed
Last message time 6/14/2017 9:24 AM
Last logged on user 
IPv4 Address 
Operating system Windows 7
Service pack Service Pack 1
Group TMG\.Migration
Active features AutoUpdate,
Anti-virus and HIPS
SAV version 10.6.4 VE3.67.3
AD synced with auto-protection No
Server roles
Primary update location \\XXXXXX\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello nathan jones,

error 131 is neither in the article suggested in the Troubleshooting chapter (19) of the MT Help nor in the Central Installer Return Codes, though the latter suggests it's related to MCS or RMS. You'd have to check the Bootstrap and perhaps the MCS logs on the endpoint.

Christian

• Hi,

I am currently migrating a bunch of endpoints using the Migration tool v2 and I am getting a few errors showing the below

SC:FailedInstallation:22

SC:FailedInstallation: 18

Etc..

Do you know if there is knowledge article or guide that explains what each error means?

What I get in the log file is as per below:

CidUpdater.RunMigrationAgent Failed to run migration agent, process exit code: 12 (CidDeployFailed)

Thanks,

Mevesh

• Hello Mevesh,

the Cloud Migration Tool Help tells that the number after SC:FailedInstallation is just the <jobid> and no specific code (as I've incorrectly assumed in the post above).
    Do the endpoints already appear in Central as the article suggests, what's their state in the Migration Tool? Did you check the CloudMigration.log on the endpoints?

Christian

• Hello Christian,

Thanks for your reply. The endpoints do not appear in Central and their states in the Migration Tool shows "Error (Timed Out)".

I could not locate the CloudMigration.log file on the endpoints but upon checking the MSI log file on one machine, I observed the below:

13/11/2017,9:08:38 AM,ERROR,Failed to send a WinHttp request. The error code was 12029 (A connection with the server could not be established).,
    13/11/2017,9:08:38 AM,ERROR,Failed to connect to the URL http://dci.sophosupd.com/.,
    13/11/2017,9:08:38 AM,ERROR,An internet connection could not be established.,

I tested and there was Internet connectivity on the machine and I was able to connect to http://dci.sophosupd.com

Also in the Migration Tool, this error keeps showing up. I am not sure if this is related as most endpoints are migration to Central fine. 

Any advice you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks

• I would assume that when the Cloud installer runs, as called from the migration script and therefore running in the "system" user context, it doesn't have internet access.

When you are using the computer interactively and using your browser, this gets a proxy configured somehow.  Running the Cloud installer as this user would also work.

Some details here:
    https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120453

Regards,

Jak

• Thank Jak.

We did white list the following sophos domains on the web content filtering to bypass proxy authentication. 

This is so the endpoints are able communicate with Sophos Central unauthenticated and un-interrupted, irrespective of the user account used. 

That said, I just attempted to run IE using the user account configured to contact Central (during migration) and I could not access the Internet with it because it is a service account. 

I am still unsure if this is the problem because other endpoints were able to migrate successfully using the migration tool.