This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enterprise Console 5.5.0 no connections to Endpoints suddenly

Hi Guys,

Looking for a couple of quick tips on resolving an issue I have just stumbled across. After returning for a few weeks vacation I have discovered that out Enterprise Console (v5.5.0) last updated on 26.4.17 and all of my Endpoints are showing up as disconnected. Nothing in the Servers event log is triggering any errors, nothing in the Sophos Console is showing any errors either and all services are up and running as per normal.

I've just tried doing a 're-install over the top' of SEC 5.5.0 with no luck. Everything still not connected and clicking 'Update Now' on the Update Manager in the Console isn't doing anything (or triggering an error).

I've gone through and double checked the Firewall settings on the Endpoints and the Server and all seems OK (TCP 8192 and 8194 allowed in and out on server and Endpoints via GPO).

Looking for ideas to try and knock this on the head ;) No major changes to the network or that subnet have occurred from memory but I'm going back over the logs and documentation as we speak ;)

As usual - any tips, ideas or help is greatly appreciated

Cheers,

David

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello David,

so it's both SUM and the endpoints?
    last updated
    on the Dashboard under Updates? This should already show the Critical icon. What are the timestamps (last updated, last checked) in the Update managers view? Switching to the Endpoints view, tab Computer Details: What is the Last message time for your management server?

Christian

• Cheers Christian ;)

Yes, its BOTH Endpoints and the SUM not connecting to the Console.

The Endpoints are falling back to update directly from Sophos's servers, so they are at least up to date. The last update in the Console itself is from the 26th of April. The last time the Endpoints were connected were right at around the same time. 

Tried turning the Windows Firewall off (we dont use the Sophos Firewall) on the Server running the Console, and from an Endpoint to test - no success connecting or updating.

• Hello David,

if you go to the Warehouse (%ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse\) has filestore.dat a "current" timestamp? If so, then at least SUM is working.

Endpoints are falling back to update directly from Sophos
    this suggests that they can't make a connection to the update location on the server at all, guess that is what no success connecting or updating means. Can you ping the server using both its name and IP?
    Does netstat -n show any connections with the server's IP? 

Christian

• Hello David,

if you go to the Warehouse (%ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse\) has filestore.dat a "current" timestamp? If so, then at least SUM is working.

Endpoints are falling back to update directly from Sophos
    this suggests that they can't make a connection to the update location on the server at all, guess that is what no success connecting or updating means. Can you ping the server using both its name and IP?
    Does netstat -n show any connections with the server's IP? 

Christian

Children
No Data