This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Patches have not been successfully updated in the last three days

I upgraded Sophos Console from 5.4.1 to 5.5.0 and since then i have been getting this error in event logs

Event ID 0 ; Source PatchFeedProcessor

Patches have not been successfully updated in the last three days

any quick fix for this issue ?

thanks 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello saadshawwa,

for most unspecific errors there's no quick fix. Please check (and if necessary post a relevant part of) the PatchFeedProcessor.log in %ProgramData%\Sophos\Patch\Logs\

Christian

• Hello Christian

thank your for your  reply 

that is what i found

Information | -----PROGRAM END-----
    2017-03-22 03:35:00 | PID 13020 | TID 1 | Information | -----PROGRAM START-----
    2017-03-22 03:36:22 | PID 13020 | TID 1 | Warning | Failed to verify signature of Mcescan.cab
    2017-03-22 03:36:22 | PID 13020 | TID 1 | Information | There were errors while processing feed (handled error):'Failed to verify signature of Mcescan.cab'
    2017-03-22 03:36:22 | PID 13020 | TID 1 | Error | Patches have not been successfully updated in the last three days
    2017-03-22 03:36:22 | PID 13020 | TID 1 | Information | -----PROGRAM END-----

• Hello saadshawwa,

can't say what it really signifies. I've seen it occasionally, lasting a few hours/cycles at most, but last time is several months ago.
    Dunno if it downloads directly to %ProgramData%\Sophos\Patch\PatchDataLoader\Download\, this is where the file usually resides (mine's from 4:30am today). You could try check its Digital Signatures (from the right-click Properties) but this might not give any insight. I think you have to contact Support directly.

Christian

• Hello saadshawwa,

can't say what it really signifies. I've seen it occasionally, lasting a few hours/cycles at most, but last time is several months ago.
    Dunno if it downloads directly to %ProgramData%\Sophos\Patch\PatchDataLoader\Download\, this is where the file usually resides (mine's from 4:30am today). You could try check its Digital Signatures (from the right-click Properties) but this might not give any insight. I think you have to contact Support directly.

Christian

Children
  • Hello 

I have the same issue , Patches have not been successfully updated in the last three days in the windows events 

In the log we found this lane several times : 

2017-11-10 21:26:38 | PID 856 | TID 1 | Information | An SQL exception has been caught while executing 'usp_pf_insupdPatch'. Execution will be retried. Location = 'Execute command', SQL Error Code = '-2146232060', Message = 'Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Patch' with unique index 'IX_Patch_2'. The duplicate key value is (MS12-078 Security Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 (KB2753842)).
    Failed to update patch
    The statement has been terminated.'
    2017-11-10 21:26:39 | PID 856 | TID 1 | Information | Error(Number='2601',Message='Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Patch' with unique index 'IX_Patch_2'. The duplicate key value is (MS12-078 Security Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 (KB2753842)).',Source='.Net SqlClient Data Provider',State='1')
    2017-11-10 21:26:39 | PID 856 | TID 1 | Information | Error(Number='50000',Message='Failed to update patch',Source='.Net SqlClient Data Provider',State='22')
    2017-11-10 21:26:39 | PID 856 | TID 1 | Information | Error(Number='3621',Message='The statement has been terminated.',Source='.Net SqlClient Data Provider',State='0')
    2017-11-10 21:26:39 | PID 856 | TID 1 | Information | An SQL exception has been caught while executing 'usp_pf_insupdPatch'. Execution will be retried. Location = 'Execute command', SQL Error Code = '-2146232060', Message = 'Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Patch' with unique index 'IX_Patch_2'. The duplicate key value is (MS12-078 Security Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 (KB2753842)).
    Failed to update patch

This morning update the server (windows 2012 server ) and the enterprise console from 5.3 to 5.5 .This dont work . 

• Hello 

on the server running Sophos Enterprise  goto  %ProgramData%\Sophos\Patch\PatchDataLoader\Download\

find the file mcescan.cab and right click on it and goto Ditigial Signatures

for each signature in the list click on details then view certificate and then install it on the system " trusted root certification authorities" 

and that should take care of the issue. i guess i had to reboot the server too and it worked fine since then.

• Hi 

This solution dont works . 

• Should I create a case in technical support?
  • Hello pmbet,

there's another recent thread describing the same problem - seems it affects many installations. According to the OP there it's going on for almost two months now. Adding your voice by creating a case might be a good idea.

Christian

• yes in your case something went wrong with the database during the update. i had this issue before but it updating from different older versions and i cant find / remember the solution. there was an KB for it but cant find it anymore.

huh actually i just checked mine and im getting the same error and every forum post  i saw related to that issue  has an error inserting the duplicate key for KB2753842