This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM change out now cant update

Good morning all

ok so new problem for me.

my department have decided to change out all of my sum servers as it was time for upgrades. they have started this without me being here so did not know that it would brake sophos for a hole site. so now i have a problem i have a hole site that is not reporting back, to fix this i just thought i would repush sohpos but in doing that i get errors back saying cant access the share and cant auth to the share.

i have tested the share from a pc on site using the username and password setup for installing sophos and i can get to/see and wright to the share on the new server. so how do i eather uninstall from all computers and then reinstall or is there a way i can just push over the top.

kurt.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello kurt,

they have started this and are now inviting you to clean up the mess? Can you say what exactly was done when they changed out the servers? Clone and in-place OS upgrade, what did they do with the SEC and SUM installation? not reporting back - all endpoints appear disconnected?

repush sohpos but in doing that i get errors back
    could you ideally post a screenshot?

Christian

• Hi Christian

yep you got in in one they bugger it up i go round after them and fix there mess.

I found a way to fix it very simple really copy and paste the mrinit.conf and .orig files from the new SUM server pushed out using PDQ Deploy then re-protect all computers. 95% have come back on line very quickly just got a few where the computers have not been switched on in a few days. it was one of them wake you up at nights moments and wright it down to try the next day. i know im sad i dream about fixing my broken sophos.

kurt.