This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hide certain Objects from AD-Sync in the Console

Hi,

we have an Enterprise Console set up with AD-Sync. But there are some items syncing, that we dont want in the Sophos Console. Like Synology NAS Devices, that are in AD to authenticate Users.

Is there some ways to hide such a device permanently, because when we only delete it, it shows up again after the next sync.

Josef

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Josef,

sorry for the delayed response. SEC's AD sync is pretty dumb, it syncs containers and existing Computer objects in and under the sync'ed OU - no filtering or post processing.

Christian

• Do you think Sophos would include this in the next version? Do they have a feature request / suggestion page?

I find it so annoying that I've been considering creating a SQL stored procedure to purge the non "protect-able" devices, i've even had a poke around the registry to see if anything can be changed in there.

Thanks

• Hello George Hayden,

there's the blue Have a cool product idea ... rectangle on the right with a link to the Ideas forum.
    I don't think it'll get high priority - if, then it will likely come with some form of automation.

Christian

Reply Children
No Data