This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to update to version 5.4.1 error code 1603

I came across this error whilst trying to update the sophos enterprise console from version 5.4.0 to 5.4.1 with the sophos DB installed on an SQL Cluster.

When running the installer i got an error with no initial indication as to what was causing the problem.

In the logs I checked for "Return value 3" then above this i found this in the logs.

CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: Checking MAC computers...
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: RMS found with unsupported version: 0.0.0. The threshold is: 9.4.0
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: Checking UNIX computers...
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: Checking LINUX computers...
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: RMS found with unsupported version: 0.0.0. The threshold is: 9.12.3
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: Checking vSHIELD computers...
CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints: Error 0x2: You have managed computers running a version of RMS unsupported by Enterprise Console. Aborting installation.
CustomAction CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 17:05:41: CheckForUnsupportedEndpoints. Return value 3.
Action ended 17:05:41: INSTALL. Return value 3.

I had previously removed an Linux machine as it wasn't supported as per this KB https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124873 

in the console i have sorted all of the machines by the AV version and everything is correct! all the versions present in the console are supported by the new 5.4.1 installation with the new RMS!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Simon (and all others),

with the sophos DB installed on an SQL Cluster
    you have been lucky that the database is remote. I've decided not to wait any longer and deliberately left the managed endpoints that didn't show a SAVVersion visible (i.e. undeleted). The bootstrapper let me proceed, the ServerMSI failed the way you've shown. Upon deleting the offending endpoints and re-running setup I ran into an early fatal error Enterprise Console installer has detected different versions of the components installed. Rats! Rats? Not really though - the database component had already been upgraded to 5.4.1, uninstalling it does no harm at all and takes literally only seconds. The subsequent upgrade went smoothly.

Christian

• Hello Simon (and all others),

with the sophos DB installed on an SQL Cluster
    you have been lucky that the database is remote. I've decided not to wait any longer and deliberately left the managed endpoints that didn't show a SAVVersion visible (i.e. undeleted). The bootstrapper let me proceed, the ServerMSI failed the way you've shown. Upon deleting the offending endpoints and re-running setup I ran into an early fatal error Enterprise Console installer has detected different versions of the components installed. Rats! Rats? Not really though - the database component had already been upgraded to 5.4.1, uninstalling it does no harm at all and takes literally only seconds. The subsequent upgrade went smoothly.

Christian

Children
No Data